Title: Computer Technician & Systems Integration Specialist
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent technical certification required, computer science degree preferred * Knowledge of various platforms deployed throughout the organization including
Mac, Windows, iOS and Chrome OS * Possess technical certification and/or technical degree; Microsoft, Apple, and/or Cisco certification(s) preferred * Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain hardware, software, peripheral devices and identify network issues * Demonstrate knowledge of computer networks, enterprise systems, and system integration * Ability to resolve issues using remote technologies * Demonstrates professionalism by being courteous, responsive, and by treating others respectfully and using mature judgment when deciding what and how to communicate * Willingly acts as a resource to the entire department and cooperates with other departments * Ability to learn and apply new technologies as required * Self-motivated with the ability to work independently. * Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a diverse and dynamic work environment * Must be able to communicate effectively in person, orally and in writing. * Experience in an educational setting preferred * Required criminal background check and proof of US citizenship or legal resident alien status.
Responsible to: Director of Technology
Job Goal: The Computer Technician & Systems Integration Specialist provides technical solutions to automate tasks and resolve end-user issues and inquiries reported by technicians, district and school technical staff. Responsibilities also include supporting school-based and district technology projects, administration of desktop management tools, and integration of academic, instructional and productivity programs with our current student information system and other platforms. This position requires a working knowledge of relational databases, web and client-server concepts, and the ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Strategy & Planning
* Research, develop and implement an integration plan for district technology systems based on best practices that ensure safe, confidential and FERPA compliant access to district platforms and information. * Provide relevant data for IT strategic planning and budget development * Identify an appropriate implementation schedule for all new integrations and upgrades * Assess and communicate risks associated with IT investments and projects. * Prioritize technology support for assigned school with district needs * Identify opportunities and provide recommendations to user groups that can improve efficiency of processes by leveraging technology.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Make recommendations on the acquisition and deployment of new technology hardware and software based on best practices and compatibility with district systems * Assist in the deployment of new hardware and software district-wide * Assist in asset management of district hardware and software
* Provide support for educational technology and the integration of technology for/with instruction. * Visit classrooms and communicate with instructional staff to identify technology needs to support instruction as well as leveraging technology in the delivery of instruction. * Provide support to school leaders in decision-making around technology integration. * Collaborate with the Director of Technology and members of the Office of Technology to ensure enterprise system support of the district technology needs
Knowledge & Experience
* Working knowledge of a current Student Information System, preferably Genesis. * Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, enterprise infrastructure, and networking * Technical experience with systems networking, database structure, web development, report generation and end-user support. * Experience with virtual server systems and storage. * Experience with Windows servers systems. * Exposure to environments running a mixed platform of Windows and Macintosh preferred. * Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities. * Understanding of project management principles. * Demonstrated ability to apply IT in solving educational and business problems. * In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to IT. * Proven ability to work in as a member of a team
* Responds to helpdesk tickets as escalated by computer technicians and technology coordinators and makes every attempt to address issues before escalating ticket(s) to network administrator and managers * Provides on-site support in various locations when needed * Provides professional development to staff on access to integrated systems * Maintains technology certifications as needed to support the district's needs * Performs hardware repairs and software/system upgrades as needed and appropriate * Communicates with staff regarding upgrades and new initiatives * Performs projects as assigned by Director of Technology or designated Manager * Provides administrative support for software and hardware decisions and integrations * Maintains current system integrations and implements additional as identified and approved; these include but are not limited to Genesis, Clever, MobyMax, EasyBridge, Naviance, Nutrikids, Transfinder, IEPDirect and similar programs * Manages print servers and software * Creates and maintains documentation for knowledge base * Works cooperatively with others and accepts direction from supervisors * Participates in professional development and technical training as necessary to maintain and upgrade skills * Performs such other duties that may be assigned
* Excellent written and oral communication skills. * Excellent interpersonal skills. * Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language. * Exceptionally self-motivated and directed. * Keen attention to detail. * Results oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment * Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities. * Exceptional service orientation.
* Availability outside of normal business hours including weekends and evenings based on the needs of the district * Sitting for extended periods of time * Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other computing equipment. * While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle files, computers, and phones; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. * Frequent and regular repetitive movements required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. * Physical lifting and moving of items up to 40 pounds * Drivers license and mode of transportation for travel throughout the district as needed
Terms: 12 month, salary and benefits; and non-affiliated as determined by the board.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated annually in accordance with the Board's policy on evaluation of non- certified staff.
The Montclair Public School District encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category.