IHI is a leading innovator in health and health care improvement worldwide. For more than 25 years, we have partnered with an ever-growing community of visionaries, leaders, and front-line practitioners around the globe to spark bold, inventive ways to improve the health of individuals and populations. Together, we build the will for change, seek out innovative models of care, and spread proven best practices. When it comes to raising the quality of health for all, IHI sees boundless possibilities, and while we see the walls in front of us, we will not rest until we reach the other side. Learn more at ihi.org.
* Coordinate IHI Events across the country serving 25-300 attendees * Drive timelines and facilitate team meetings; pre and post event * Manage hotel room blocks, catering, affiliate meetings, transportation, and audio-visual needs * Review hotel bills and event associated invoices, reconciling any billing discrepancies * Compile and evaluate all event surveys to make necessary changes to improve the quality of the event for the next offering * Managing event and registration software requests in event management systems; including enrollment link set up and rate creation
* Assist with the event planning and execution for National Forum, Patient Safety Congress, Africa Forum, Europe Forum, Asia Pacific Forum. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to: * Speaker management * Speaker and Staff hotel and flight logistics * Storyboard submission/acceptance process, presenter and hall coordination * A/V and catering ordering, management and invoicing * Visa facilitation * Sponsor communication and outreach copywriting * Accreditation survey creation * Booking and managing affiliate meetings * Attendee communications * Coordinating the creation and placement of event signage * Assist the build of event mobile apps
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, for both internal and external stakeholders * Excellent relationship management skills, with both internal and external stakeholders * Critical thinking skills and ability to problem solve, sometimes \"on your feet\" * Experience detailing events from start through on-site execution * Ability to be Flexible and adapt to different teams, styles, and work environments * Ability to prioritize and manage competing priorities; management of multiple events at once
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required * Previous work experience in a professional environment * Minimum of two to three years of experience in event planning/project management for multiple sized events * Ability to work early mornings and late evenings when event schedules require it * Proficiency in Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint * Experience working with event SAS software preferred * Willingness and interest in domestic and international travel: 25% * Personal commitment to workplace diversity, inclusion and equity
IHI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, military service, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or political belief or activity. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation to complete our application, please let us know.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.